A carer is anyone, including children and adults who looks after a family member, partner or friend who needs help because of their illness, frailty, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction and cannot cope without their support. The care they give is unpaid, this is inclusive of both adult and young carers.
Why register as a Carer with your GP?
By identifying yourself as a carer, we will be add you to our Carers Register. In doing so we will, where possible, try to help you access our services more conveniently.
- We will offer you a free Health Check
- We will offer you a free Annual Flu Jab
- Where possible we will offer you more flexible appointments
- Help you get advice on treatment for the person you look after
- Provides a gateway to all kinds of information and support including respite
If you are caring for someone we would like you to let us know.
Please let the reception know so that you can be added to carers register