GP practices in Castle Point and Rochford are now offering pre-booked weekend appointments through a local GP Federation called GP Healthcare Alliance. GP and practice nurse appointments are available from two GP hubs in Rayleigh and Benfleet.
Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
|GP Appointments||9am to 3pm|
|Nurse Appointments||9am to 2pm|
Appointments are available on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from premises of either Audley Mills Surgery in Rayleigh or Hawkesbury Road Surgery in Canvey.
Patients wishing to use this service need to pre-book their appointments via their usual GP practice. For on the day appointments only, patients should ring one of the numbers below between 9.00am and 3.00pm:
|Audley Mills Surgery
57 Eastwood Rayleigh SS6 7JF
|Hawkebury Road Surgery
1A Hawkesbury Roady, Canvey SS8 0EX
The majority of the GPs and nurses who provide the weekend service are from local practices so a patient can quite often see their own GP which makes it easier for them.
Out of Hours GP services for all GP practices can be accessed by ringing NHS 111.
Patients are also reminded
- To keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet – most minor ailments can be dealt with at home
- If you are unwell and you’re not sure where to go, call NHS 111, a free service available 24 hours a day. They can provide clinical assessment and advice and direct you to the best health service for your ailment.
- Speak to your local pharmacist – they can recognise and resolve many common health issues
- Be mindful that sometimes symptoms can last longer than you think – sore throats can last an average of eight days
- Don’t forget, antibiotics don’t work on sore throats, coughs or colds